Winter Warmth for Older People Project
COVID-19 UPDATE: Registrations for Winter 2021 -2022 deliveries need to be received by 1st Sept 2021
Covid-19 has impacted on our usual free logs and kindling service for people in Dumfries and Galloway over 60 years of age who use traditional forms of heating.
We have been unable to arrange collection and processing of donated wood into logs and kindling during lockdown.
As an alternative we are able to provide free briquettes and kindling.
To be eligible for the service people need to be:
- over 60 years of age
- not in paid work and have no other household member in paid work
- in receipt of a means-tested benefit or have extenuating circumstances e.g. long term health conditions.
This is a partnership project involving a range of agencies which means we can still assist older people with:
- Income maximisation checks
- Home safety checks
- Fire alarms/carbon monoxide alarms installations
- Efficient heating and insulation installations
- Small household repairs
- Obtaining best value fuel tariffs and fuel debt write-offs
To find out more phone 01387 269161 or click here
the hub – your community action centre
24-26 Friars Vennel, Dumfries DG1 2RL
tel: 01387 269161 email email@example.com.
The Hub Dumfries and Galloway a Scottish Charitable Incorporated
Organisation Scottish Charity Number SC043384